Customer Upload accepts CSV files that contain one customer per row, and one column for each data field you would like to include. Attached to this article is an example CSV file that includes all the data fields available in Customer Upload.
Your file may differ from our example file for each of the reasons below:
- None of the data fields are required. All fields are optional. For example, you could upload a file that only includes a First Name column or a file that includes all of the fields, both are valid file formats.
- You can include more columns than you plan to upload. For example, if the system that you exported the file from has a field for a profile picture (which is not one of the supported fields in Clover), you can select "Ignore" for this column during the Choose Fields step.
- The columns are not required to be in any specific order.
- You can include multiple of certain fields. You can have more than one column for each of the fields denoted with an * in the listing of allowed fields.
- The file's first row is reserved for headers and will be skipped. A header row is not required, but including it will help ensure no errors are made during the upload process.