To keep your customer data clean and organized in a way that will serve you best, Customer Upload requires your upload files to follow a specific format. If your file does not follow the format in any way, the app will indicate that your file has errors. These errors can be easily corrected by following the below instructions.
1. Once an upload is complete; you will receive certain feedback to let you know how the upload went. For example, in the screenshot below under Previous Uploads, the upload results indicate that 1500 customers were uploaded successfully, and 713 customers did not upload due to errors. To view your errors, click the "Download Errors" button. This will download a CSV file containing all customers with errors.
2. Within the error file, scroll to the far right of the file. The last column in the file (named "Error") will describe the issue(s) each customer is encountering. Common issues include...
- Too many customers in the file (limited to 1500 customers per upload file)
- Too many characters in a field (the description will indicate which field)
- Field is not formatted correctly
3. Once you have determined the error causing the upload to fail, correct the error through one of the below approaches. Please note that only the customers with errors will need to be re-uploaded.
- Copy and paste the customers with errors into the upload file template provided here. Correct the error based on the description provided in step #2. Save the file to your computer. Re-upload this corrected file following the normal upload process described here.
- Use the "Download Errors" file from step #1 to re-upload your customers with errors. You can do this by correcting the error based on the description provided in step #2 and saving the file to your computer. Re-upload this corrected file following the normal upload process described here. When prompted to select your fields, use the "ignore" option to disregard the "Error" column that was created in the file.
4. If you continue to receive errors after following the steps above, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can help you further!