1. At the top of the Mission Control web dashboard screen, go to the Inventory tab and click Create Shipment.
2. On this page, you have a few parameters to set:
Origin & Destination Locations: Select which locations you would like to move inventory from or to. In the example below, we are moving items from "Store - 1" to "Store 3".
Item Search Criteria: Select which criteria to search for your item (e.g., Item Name, SKU, Item Code). In the example below, we have chosen to search by "Item Name."
In Transit?: Select if you would like your items to be moved directly to the destination location or if you would like them to be held in transit until the items are "received" by the destination location.
--Yes will subtract the items from your origin location but will not add the items to the destination location until the items have been received. The items will be held in transit until received.
--No will subtract the items from your origin location and automatically add the items to the destination location, skipping in transit altogether.
In the example below, we have chosen to set the parameter as Yes so that the items will be held in transit until received by the new location ("Store 3").
3. Once you have set your parameters press the blue Choose Items button to the right of the page.
4. This will bring up a pop-up window where you can choose which items to move. In the below example, you can see that we have chosen to move 5 waters. You can also see in green that we have 30 waters at the origin location ("Store - 1") and 1,545 waters at the destination location ("Store 3"). As such, the application has created a green checkmark to indicate that your inventory transfer is possible.
We have also chosen to move 10 cokes, but the item box has turned red. This is because "Coke" is not an item at your selected locations.
Two rules must be followed for an inventory transfer to occur:
1. The items you select to move must exist at both locations.
2. There must be enough items at your origin location to move to your destination location.
5. To add more items to your inventory transfer, click the Add Item button at the top of the pop-up window.
6. Once you have included all the items you wish to move, click the blue Submit button. In our example, we have subtracted 5 waters from "Store - 1" and added 5 waters to in transit for "Store 3" to receive, as seen below.
Article is closed for comments.