To the right of each purchase order, you will see a status reference indicating the current status of that PO. There are 5 status options in which your PO could be held:
- Pending - A pending status means that your PO has not yet been sent to the vendor. Next step would be to review your PO and send to your vendor. This is the only status where you can still edit your purchase order prior to sending.
- Canceled - A canceled status means that your PO was no longer needed, and thus canceled. No further action is needed in this instance unless canceling the PO was a mistake. If so, you can re-create the PO.
- Sent - A sent status means that you have sent your PO to your vendor but have not yet received the items you have ordered.
- Received - A received status means that you have already sent the PO and received the full order from your vendor. No further action is needed in this case.
- Partial - A partial status means that you have already sent the PO, but only received part of your order. In this case, a new Pending PO has been created to represent the items not yet received. Next step would be to send the Pending PO to your vendor.