Top Up: Purchase Orders allow you to start tracking multiple items that already exist in your Clover account all at once! Follow the below steps to set up tracking for multiple items. If you wish to set up tracking for a single existing item, click here for instructions.
1. Download all of your inventory from the Clover Inventory app by clicking the Export Inventory button in the top right of your screen. This will help you accurately populate your upload file with your existing items (see step 7).
2. If not already complete, we recommend creating a vendor for all vendors you choose to use through the Top Up: Purchase Order app.
3. Navigate to the Items tab on your Purchase Orders web app.
4. Click the green Add an Item button and select the Upload File to Track Existing Clover Items option.
5. A pop-up window will appear where you can select your desired vendor location combination. Each vendor requires a separate file upload.
- Select a Vendor - Choose the vendor you would like to create a PO for your item(s). If the vendor you desire does not yet exist, click the blue Click Here button to create the vendor.
- Select Destination Location - Select the location where you would like the item to be stocked when received.
6. Once your vendor location combination is set, click Upload File to create and select your desired CSV file. All file uploads must be formatted correctly. Click the blue Click Here for a Sample link to download a template in the format required.
7. Open the sample file, which provides a customized template for your business. For each vendor combination file, the following fields must be transferred over from your downloaded items file (see step 1) to your upload file:
- Item's name (exactly as it appears in the Clover Menu, including each specific variant)
- Item's Clover ID
Note: These fields must be exactly the same values as they are in the Clover Inventory in order for the tracking to work.
Once your item identifiers are populated, fill in your desired tracking parameters for each item:
- Minimum/Maximum - Enter the minimum & maximum level at which you would like your stock to remain for that item
- Order By - Enter the amount of items you wish to order by
- Out of Stock - If your item is out of stock at the vendor, select True, and your item will not be tracked until you switch back to False. If your item is in stock at the vendor and you wish to order based on your min/max levels automatically, select False.
8. Once the file is fully populated, save it to your desktop as a CSV and select it using the Choose File button. Click the blue Upload Items button once the file is selected.
9. If you are using Top Up: Purchase Orders to create POs, Repeat steps 4 - 8 for each vendor location combination desired.
Article is closed for comments.